Chevy Nova Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
How about a trim plate on Ebay? There is a guy on there right now that is selling a trim plate from a '62. I tried to post the link but for some reason I can't seem to get it to post. Seems to me that only shady characters would be interested in purchasing a trim plate that didn't actually come with their car. Am I wrong? Seems like it would not be legal to sell the plate. Also seems that Ebay wouldn't/shouldn't allow it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
How about a trim plate on Ebay? There is a guy on there right now that is selling a trim plate from a '62. I tried to post the link but for some reason I can't seem to get it to post. Seems to me that only shady characters would be interested in purchasing a trim plate that didn't actually come with their car. Am I wrong? Seems like it would not be legal to sell the plate. Also seems that Ebay wouldn't/shouldn't allow it.
Body tags and trim tags are legal to sell and allowed on ebay. Vin tags are legal to sell under certain circumstances, but ebay doesn't allow them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently was foolish enough to buy 2 novas off of eBay . I had to have them.. once my Mind was set there was no telling me no. Well guess what ? I got ripped of on both of them and eBay won’t do a damn thing about it. The eBay buyer protection does not apply to vehicles over 10 years old. That’s right they basically told me that a seller can describe the car they are selling how ever they want . The only way you can dispute the purchase is if the seller doesn’t deliver the car . Or deliver the title. I called them 10 different times. Spoke to the highest level of management. All the same answer . They told me to call consumer protection. Or law enforcement. Or civil law suit... both vehicles had different engines then advertised. And the condition was way worse then described. The one guy told me that the car had a heids 4 link on it come to find out it is cheap helix Chinese garbage!!!! The other car was supposed to a solid rust free car well guess what it has like 4 patches in the floor. Same scumbag person said it was a 350 sbc . Well guess what it’s a POS 307 OMG!! 5 different people pleaded with me not to buy from eBay but I HAD to have these cars....?? View attachment 399617
Well,for what it's worth,you probably don't want to hear this,BUT,I have a small resto shop here in South Jersey and you should see what some people buy and what comes through the door.I ask them the same question I'm going to ask you.Did you arrange for a prepurchase inspection?If you didn't,that was your first mistake.I can certainly understand how to feel,believe me,BUT,this sort of thing happen ALL THE TIME!! Do your homework and keep a level head.You little recourse as the purchase more than likely is as is.Learn from it!No disrespect intended.I see this way too often my friend.

·
Registered
354 Posts
If you ever find one in the north Detroit area, let me know. I'll be happy to go check it out. I love doing that stuff. I have also bought and sold cars on Ebay with few issues and met a bunch of nice people in the process. Buying, I always expect the worst and selling, I typically under describe and over deliver. Nothing worse than someone who is disappointed/angry when they receive the item you sold them.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts