Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
compact spare

I have a question: did the 67 Acadian/Chevy11 ever come with a compact spare. I bought a 67 Chevy 11 2 door post (just the body, no drive train or wheels) for parts and when I checked in the truck I found a compact spare. It is a 14 in rim painted white on the inside and blue, the colour of the body, on the outside with a dog dish cap attached. On the side of the tire it reads BF Goodrich Soacer Belted E78-14 Tubeless. This is the first one of these I have seen and was wondering if they were standard on the cars or was it an option. The Acadaian I'm putting together is going to mhave 15 in rims because of the front disc so I can't use this spare, so anyone have an idea if it is worth anything?

·
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glenn's67sd said:
I have a question: did the 67 Acadian/Chevy11 ever come with a compact spare. I bought a 67 Chevy 11 2 door post (just the body, no drive train or wheels) for parts and when I checked in the truck I found a compact spare. It is a 14 in rim painted white on the inside and blue, the colour of the body, on the outside with a dog dish cap attached. On the side of the tire it reads BF Goodrich Soacer Belted E78-14 Tubeless. This is the first one of these I have seen and was wondering if they were standard on the cars or was it an option. The Acadaian I'm putting together is going to mhave 15 in rims because of the front disc so I can't use this spare, so anyone have an idea if it is worth anything?
I've never heard of a compact spare on 67 Acadians or Chevy IIs. Being an E78, I think this is a substitute from a later model car.
Bob

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
So when is your car an Acadian?? Depending on how the wheels end up it could be Acadian, vcadian, <cadian or >cadian!!:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts