Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for the horn relay connector for my 1973 Nova off and on for a few years. Every time I do something that involves the horn relay I decide to look for the correct connector but I never seem to find it. Does anyone know where I can get the connector for this relay? Mine has two wires connected to it (not the post) and they are always falling out from driving or if I mess with the wires running over the booster they will come out and they are a pain in the a$$ to get back in. I'd love to get the correct connector which Ive never even seen in person or from searching online :confused:

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,388 Posts
I just happen to be rebuilding my wire harnesses and I don't believe there ever was a connector. My picture is the stock setup on my 72 and it was 2 separate female packard 56 connectors. The plastic connector is broken off on the right. The horn control wire is on the left coming from the bulkhead connector, basically the horn button and the one on the right is the heavy gauge wire down to the horn. The 12v for the horn comes off the 12v supplied by a wire on the post. I too searched to see if there was a cleaner setup with a 2 connector plug.

Attachments

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just happen to be rebuilding my wire harnesses and I don't believe there ever was a connector. My picture is the stock setup on my 72 and it was 2 separate female packard 56 connectors. The plastic connector is broken off on the right. The horn control wire is on the left coming from the bulkhead connector, basically the horn button and the one on the right is the heavy gauge wire down to the horn. The 12v for the horn comes off the 12v supplied by a wire on the post. I too searched to see if there was a cleaner setup with a 2 connector plug.
Mine looks similar you yours except my other connector is a white or clear connector. Guess that explains why I never could find connector that looked like it fit better. Hard to believe the factory didn't come up with a good fitting connector.

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,388 Posts
After looking at a couple more diagrams of the GM horn relay, I think I showed the connectors on the wrong terminals. It doesn't change anything we discussed but I don't want to mislead anybody looking for what wire goes on what connector. The diagrams actually show the heavy gauge to the horn on the left.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
As far as I can tell, you've been searching for a ghost.
Every photo that I have on hand shows separate connectors. And the '70 in the garage has its original, separate connectors for the horn relay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts