Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing out my rear end and was taking my leaf springs of when they jsut fell apart. I was blown out because they were nice multi leaf. I need a new set of leafs. Has any bought a new pair of leafs ? and if so what kind and the price. I would like a multi leaf setup. I am going to be running slide a link trackion bars on the rear. The only leafs I see at summit are lowering leafs that lower the rear 1 1/2 inches. I really do not want to lower the car and they are mono or 2 leaf. I have 406 ci sbc that pulls close to 500 hp. In the next year or so i am making it a 427 stroker. What will be the best leaf for me? Any help would be awesome.
nick

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
most if not all of the repop places like Ground Up, the Paddock, Classic, etc....all sell springs....:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just redid my entire rear suspension and purchased my multi leafs from Eaton Springs. So far (150 miles) I am very pleased.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I also believe John Calvert's Cal-Trac rear set-up works best on these cars. I have a split-mono and cal-tracs with a BBC and 4-spd. The rear plants very well but it is a bit noisy on the street if not preloaded for racing.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Ironcross25 said:
I was changing out my rear end and was taking my leaf springs of when they jsut fell apart. I was blown out because they were nice multi leaf. I need a new set of leafs. Has any bought a new pair of leafs ? and if so what kind and the price. I would like a multi leaf setup. I am going to be running slide a link trackion bars on the rear. The only leafs I see at summit are lowering leafs that lower the rear 1 1/2 inches. I really do not want to lower the car and they are mono or 2 leaf. I have 406 ci sbc that pulls close to 500 hp. In the next year or so i am making it a 427 stroker. What will be the best leaf for me? Any help would be awesome.
nick
triangle makes some great ones. they fit in easily, look good and will take you right back to original ride. if thats what you want.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Two month before I have change the mono leaf springs of my Nova with a kit of 5 - leaf springs for 179$ from Classic Industries. The front eye bushing are already installed. I have also buy a kit with new Shakles and U - Bolts. Easy to assemble. Before the back was hanging down. Now the car is about 2 inch higher and back on the original high. Nice to look.
greetings from switzerland

·
Registered
879 Posts
Landrum springs are good...before going with a 4 Link suspension I was seriously considering going with the Landrums.....and then adding Caltrac's to them.

-John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts