Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've been looking for the name of this color blue for some time and can't seem to pin point it. It is close to a lemans blue for the corvette, however the lemans blue for the corvette is a bit darker. The viper blue for dodge is also darker than this as well. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
This is a perfect example of why the name of a color has very little meaning. The factory will call it by one name, and each of the paint manufacturers will call it by their own name. You need to find a vehicle that has the color you want, then find the paint code.

Sometime around 1990 Mitsubishi had a similar color on pickups, and I believe Ford also had a similar color in the '90's.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
From the picture it looks like Bahama Blue. There were two versions of
BB, one had a greenish tint and the other well looks like the picture:)
the one with the Z28 markings.

Chuck

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Close to the soon to be discontinued Jet Stream Blue.

If you go to a auto paint supply store, they have books of color chips. Don't limit yourself to GM colors. Be sure and take the page or book outside in the sunlight to see what it looks like. There are lots of shades of every color.

Just like Home Depot and Lowes, they can color match a paint too.

·
5,247 Posts
If you go to a auto paint supply store, they have books of color chips. Don't limit yourself to GM colors. Be sure and take the page or book outside in the sunlight to see what it looks like. There are lots of shades of every color.

Just like Home Depot and Lowes, they can color match a paint too.
Better yet, get the variance deck. Larger chips and more of them.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
i had a 70 camaro that was very similar in shade called mulsane blue. came on camaro's and vette's in 69 and 70.

·
Registered
6 Posts
try your local paint jobber

If you have access to the car the color is on,most paint suppliers have a "profit" which they use to scan different spots on the car and cross checks with its software and spits out a code that you should be able to check against the car, I have had to use it many times its about a 75/25 split but it usually gets you in the ballpark.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts