Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cragar Street Stars, Centerline Telstars or, Weld Prostar rims? They all look pretty much the same to me. I have not seen any up close and cannot tell what differences they may have. Can anybody help me out?

·
Registered
165 Posts
The street stars are a steel wheel...I think.I have the weld Prostar ...I know cragar makes an aluminum version.And I think weld is owned by Cragar or vice versa.

Or I may be wrong...But I do own the weld Prostars.

Not much help huh.

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
the telastars are aluminum but are actually a little different design..i have some for sale..the cragar and welds are the same..i think weld has its hands in cragar for awhile but i dont think anymore..they owned by a group called carlisle...
you used to be able to go to welds website and they should a listing for the cragar s/s rims in 17"18"s but not anymore

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
The Pro Stars are lighter than the others for racing. I had a set on my Beretta and they were stamped Not for Street use. I bought another pair used and they were stamped Street Legal. The set on my present Nova are stamped Not for Street use. I'd say based on those stampings that they either have or in the past had two different wheels. So if you just want the look and don't care about weight go with the cheapest one. JMHO, RM

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Greetings,

Just keep in mind with the lighter, aluminum wheel, less unsprung weight! I'd go with the Prostars myself. The Telstars don't look bad at all, but I'd go with the Prostars.

Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts