Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
13,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4631026870&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1
This is bad news. As a Canadian, I'm saddened that this seller is located in my country. There's a disclaimer stating it's for novelty and display purposes only, not for the re-selling of cars, but earlier it mentions how Barrett-Jackson promotes documentation. Last time I checked, B-J was selling cars! And look at the price :eek: . Can you believe this? Just another opportunity for the scammers to market fake L78s, L79s, LS6s, etc.
Let's hope there are no takers.
Bob

·
Registered
45 Posts
Someone needs to advise ebay, this sounds too much like a selling scam. I don't think ebay would promote this. It'll only throw scepticism on to cars selling on ebay motors.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i sent E-Bay an e-mail asking if these documents are legal... let them decide...

whatchu thinnin' QweeksDraw ??? a good move, or no ???

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
let's see now:rolleyes: fake vin tag...check,fake cowl tag...check,real number and letter stamp kit for motor circa 60's(thanks to a retired chevy employee)...check,real vin and cowl rivets(again thanks)....check. i know i'm missing something:confused: what else do i need? paper work thats what i need!! thanks for the tip as i ordered a set.i asked them to let some mice nibble on it to give it a little more originality.i'm going to do the most original unrestored car.why waste time doing a restoration when people pay good money for a junker with matching #'s ?;)

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
If you ever need to know most Lithography (printing) Companies can tell fakes from an originals,that's what I do for a living so there are ways to find fakes ,but it's to bad people need to add more confusion to this.

Thanks for heads up and hopefully no one buys them.

Paul

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
FunkyNova66 said:
...This is
. I can't stand dirtbags like this.

Let the kitty loose!!!:mad:

·
13,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Auction ended on April 18th because 'the item is no longer for sale.' I hope that's because Ebay told him to end it and not to advertise it again.
Bob

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i received a reply from E-Bay about my e mail (i sent in one questioning the legalities of the auction)... they said i'd not be notified of their findings, but because of the complaint(s) an investigation of the auction would be made...

guess they didn't like the auction, huh ;)

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
They shut down that auction and he put three more up.....Thats all this guy sell's is protecto plates, fake documents and tags...... weak...:mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts