• PIC #2

Votes: 17 85.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, (NOT ME)

I have seen this over and over! Break keys?

How do you operate with KEYS??

Do you squeeze them between 2 fingers and rotate with your hand and arm? PIC #2

Or do you use the 2 fingers tip method and push/push with the figure tips?? PIC #1

Would you like to guess what method breaks keys?

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
Al...Stop trying to insert things...
WHERE THEY DON'T FIT !!!

:devil::D:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::D:devil:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I can't remember the last key I broke, I've worn a few out though. The new GM vehicles don't require you to hold the key in the START position to start their vehicles, once you turn it far enough to engage the starter, it will start the vehicle by itself or turn over for 5 seconds then stop. It isn't like before when you had to hold it in the START position. Also, I've learned to keep only the keys I need on the key ring, so It doesn't prematurely wear the key or ignition cylinder.

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Many modern vehicles also come with small tabs that surround the key after it's placed in the ignition cylinder, so you grab and turn those tabs rather than stress the key.

I've never broken a car key in any vehicle I've owned. I still use the same keys that came with my Nova when I bought it 22 years ago.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
I still have the original key's for my 66.....Nope..I don't break keys

·
Registered
996 Posts
i do pic 2, but i've never broken a key ever.
not one key, not in a car, not in a door, not in a padlock.

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
the closest ive gotten to breaking a key is bending it when i tryed to open the driver door on my 72 some times it needs to be moved a little and i bent it :eek: but i bent it right back :D and i still have the original keys as well 3 of them :cool:

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
#2 is the worst way to use a key!

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
#2 is the worst way to use a key!
Oh. I that as a q-tip was the worse way to use key!:rolleyes::D

In the Nova, I don't use the key, I use the tabs on the lock cylinder. In my Dodge, if I used the key like in pic 2, I would be setting the alarm, or hitting the panic button.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts