Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Nova fans,
I,being the owner of 3 64 chevy2/novas(and wanting more)have come up with a wicked traction bar set up using parts from a hardware store.I was looking at Cal Trac bars,traction bars and Slide alink bars and noticed (PRICE $$$$)that there was a way to not only immitate them in appearance, but actually make them function correctly stopping leafspring twist and providing lift.
I have a full list of the parts and peices required,i am going to post pictures,the parts list,and my 64 wagon with its factory untouched 194ci (86000 miles)with Pertronix Ignitor I,Taylor wires and HOLLEY 2300 series 2 barrel 350cfm.The car twists from torque and traction,YES i do have frame connectors,i need Energy suspesion engine and tranny mount and maybe a torque strap from the drivers fender to the side of the block.
Let me know if anyone with a 62-67 factory leafspring set up is interested.
I will be posting pics of my cars very soon,i got my computer to work better.

Talk soon crazy nova people,
bilt2go.

·
Registered
996 Posts
since i'm a diy guy when it comes to my cars i'm very interested in what you got. i was planning on making my own.
i was gonna make this style

please post pics and specs.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I made some slappers that were notched then boxed in to fit my lower shock mount. My old lakewoods bent from the PO notching them but not boxing them. I made mine out of 3/16 thick steel so they could not bend. I drew up a print, if someone is looking to make some slappers. Mine are used on my 4th gen. but im sure they'd fit others as well.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I did the same thing back in the day with my 64. I didn't want them hanging down cuz back then they would give you tickets for traction bars being too low. So we made some bars from some square stock, notched the shock/spring plate so the bars would fit flush with leafs and used a short snubber and made them long enough so the end of the bar would hit the center of the spring eye in front. Painted them black you could not tell I had traction bars. Car was low and I ran a 26x8.5 slick. I might have a pic or two somewhere I could scan and post.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I did the same thing back in the day with my 64. I didn't want them hanging down cuz back then they would give you tickets for traction bars being too low. So we made some bars from some square stock, notched the shock/spring plate so the bars would fit flush with leafs and used a short snubber and made them long enough so the end of the bar would hit the center of the spring eye in front. Painted them black you could not tell I had traction bars. Car was low and I ran a 26x8.5 slick. I might have a pic or two somewhere I could scan and post.
Would be interested in the pics. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
traction bar set up

since i'm a diy guy when it comes to my cars i'm very interested in what you got. i was planning on making my own.
i was gonna make this style

please post pics and specs.
I will get back to you over the week end with the list and some pics,i am having the old lady post them on this site.
bilt2go

1 - 11 of 11 Posts