Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 71 with original mono leaf springs. Have replaced stock shocks. Car feels like it bottoms out and has a rough ride. Tires do rub a bit. Any recommendations on how to fix the rubbing and improve the ride?

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 74 was doing the same thing, its the leaf springs. I installed airshocks as a cheap & temporary fix as I plan on upgrading all the suspension after paint.

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,320 Posts
My mono's were sagging pretty bad. I found some 3 leaf springs where you don't have to replace the perches or use blocks or spacers. It brought the back end up nicely. I'm not racing or doing anything crazy but it was a huge improvement. It made it stronger but I don't know how the ride is yet.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If there is a truck/car spring shop in your area you can have the springs re-arched.

·
Registered
83 Posts
my car was doing time trials before I got it. the front suspension was jacked up with larger springs and had 90/10 shocks, kinda like a gasser. I changed the front springs to stock, added 15" wheels with stock OD tires. Added 2" to the rear of the rear springs. It still sits high in the front I guess I'll change the rears not a big deal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts