Chevy Nova Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I did that and built them on top of my wheel dollies so I can move it around. View attachment 406554
I'm liking this one, I have the same dollies but are you able to lock your wheels while moving around. I had my car strapped down to just the dollies no wood but when I hit one of the concrete seems the dollies came out from under the car rotating into the fender causing some more body work. You really need a smooth surface for those things to roll. It is a little better if you strategically roll each one across the concrete seams.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I have to agree with the you on being careful when rolling over a concrete seams.. I was pivoting a car around on dollies under the front wheels and rolled across the seam in the middle of the floor and the dolly got hung up in the seam. It didn’t cause any damage to the car but the dolly did get bent up pretty good.. I fixed it up and still use that dolly but I realize the limitations of these tools and respect the forces at play when you try to move vehicles around on them.. In my situation the vehicle was on two dollies up front under the wheels and the rear was on the the ground on its wheels. I wouldn’t want to move a car on those dollies and elevated unless the lifts there all tied together.. The added elevation and the leverage it creates could be a bad combination shouthe same thing like I had happen to me..
I'm liking this one, I have the same dollies but are you able to lock your wheels while moving around. I had my car strapped down to just the dollies no wood but when I hit one of the concrete seems the dollies came out from under the car rotating into the fender causing some more body work. You really need a smooth surface for those things to roll. It is a little better if you strategically roll each one across the concrete seams.

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
1,971 Posts
Any time now that I take wheels off a car and plan to get under it I lay the tire on it's side and slide it under the car. If it falls I would rather ruin a rim than get crushed.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts