Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any nova racers gonna be at Pacific Raceway this weekend for the bracket finals? I'll be there with my 73 in the sportsman bracket and will be running in the race of champions on saturday for a chance at a divisional championship. I'll be representing Bremerton Raceway. Gonna be a fun weekend. :yes:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
My brother and I were there. He has a blue 76 Nova and I have a raspberry red 74. We both race in Pro. Stan was in the race of champions for Firebird.

Both cars were haulin' the mail. I usually run low 10.70's @ 123mph here, and ran a best ET of 10.343 and a best mph of 127.90 at Pacific.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
We only live 10 min from Pacific so get spoiled by the great air conditions and good track prep. I didn't look at the weather station but it must of been pretty decent over the weekend. I heard they had 550 cars so it must of been a pretty packed house.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weather was decent. The highest the corrected altitude got was around 1800 ft.

·
Registered
398 Posts
yep had good air and the weather was amazing we didn't have to worry about rain at all so all was good.

The curfew issue is no fun and I am sure it will factor into future runnings of this event there but had a great time.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Glad you had a good time. Rain is usually not a factor during the summer months. We get less rain than Tuscon, AZ in the summer. We've had nothing in a month & a half. Your right about the curfew...it's currently an issue but as soon as the new drag strip is finished, we won't be competing with the road course guys for time. The new strip is being dug 15-25 feet below ground level for noise abatement. It also runs North/South so we won't have to fight the sun in the afternoon. You probably saw where they are digging on your right on the way in. They are keeping the current strip also for national events.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts