Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much better is it to swap to Hei...from points / coil ??....And what would be the best Hei to purchase if I was to swap....I'm running a 68 327, mostly stock...just headers, performer intake & carb...in my 66....Thanks for any info........Randy

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
i would look into the: petronix ignitor II conversion . what it does is replace the points in your dizzy to an eletric dizzy and replace your coil with the matching coil for that conversion by petronix its available at www.summitracing.com check it out

·
Registered
205 Posts
i would look into the: petronix ignitor II conversion . what it does is replace the points in your dizzy to an eletric dizzy and replace your coil with the matching coil for that conversion by petronix its available at www.summitracing.com check it out
I agree. If you go to the HEI you will have to change the ends on the plug wires. I have had much better luck getting the timing curve right with the old point type distributors than the HEI. The Pertronix unit will let you keep everything like it is, the distributor will be correct for your car, and the performance will be as good or better than the HEI.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I have had much better luck getting the timing curve right with the old point type distributors than the HEI
Shouldn't make any difference what style distributor it is when setting up the curve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts