Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G day, Any suggestions on a distributor for a 350..4 speed 375hp in a 63 chevy II. Just looking for an inexpensive option that will support the powerplant. A HEI would prob be ok but will not fit, unless they make a small one. Thanks for your imput.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Summit has their own style of a pro billet and ignition box couple of my buddies have and it works excellent. I got msd probillet and digital 6al but if you want to save some money that summit ignition set up is very good

·
Registered
335 Posts
I too clear the firewall with a D.U.I distributor. Minimal play for adjustment, but I already know where to land it to have the correct adjustment .

·
Registered
330 Posts
distributor suggestions

I installed a MSD E-Curve in a 327, original firewall. Wasn't a lot of clearance but it fit and the E-Curve is amazing for tuning.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I had to go 'small cap' for clearance.
I opted for the MSD Pro Billet RTR.
Was dead out of the box, which was extremely annoying. But MSD replaced all of the guts and shipped it back fairly quickly and efficiently.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I should have mentioned / clarified: For my HEI and a few others we've built, we used a factory HEI that was in good condition, and put the Pertronix III in there with the built in Rev Limiter. I believe it was about $140 so it's a bargain. So if you can find an HEI laying around somewhere, it's a very inexpensive option plus you have adjustable rev limiter and simple wiring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts