Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a miss in the motor of one of my vehicles (70 Ford 302). I started by changing the cap and button this helped alot, but not gone, changed carb and is even better. But it still has a miss. The distributor is a points type with a photronex pointless conversion (about 1-2 years old) has never given any trouble but the plug wires look good and the plugs do to. You can remove certain plug wires and it will almost die out but others have no effect. The cam is a Crane unit and the heads are good. Runs fine but I can tell there is a miss and it's driving be crazy. Really only noticable under 1000 RPM. I want to keep the engine loking completely stock including dis and coil. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Just because the wires look good, does not mean they are good.

That you have some cylinders which you can unplug with no noticable deviation in engine speed is suspicious. Change the plug wires.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Could also be the plugs. You may want to do a compression test on the cylinder that is not affected by removing the plug wire.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks maybe thats all it is I'll check it probably around Tues, should have time that evening. Hey 230wz how did that paint work go sorry I never got out that way, staying around the Birmingham and Huntsville area right now Huntsville got hit with a hail storm not very long ago (golf ball size).

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
The paint came out much better the second time around. I had more runs but they are fixable. I still need to sand it all out and buff, but I get compliments on the paint as it stands.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great i really hated not being able to come by. I got to thinking about it the other day. "This guy is going to think I'm a loser. i talked it all up and then couldn't show up" May be next year I can get by there and take a look. Hurrican season is coming up and we're already busy. Lots of hail storms in the south so far, but at least no ones been hurt, that I know of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts