Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a floor shifter in my '67 Nova. I want to refinish the steering column to remove the shift indicator and base for the original column shifter. I was able to remove the steering wheel, hub and turn signal indicator but am having difficulty removing the wires that run to the turn signal indicator switch. It appears that I need to remove the wires as the turn signal switch will not fit inside the two pieces of the column that I am attempting to remove. I've got everything ready to come off, I just can't figure out how to remove the wires from the switch without damaging it. Any assistance you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jim

·
Vendor
1,225 Posts
You need to remove the terminals out of the plug at the bottom. Then you can pull the switch out from the top.
Tim

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tim,
Thanks for the reply. I can see where the harness plugs under the dash though the plug is rather large. Does that mean that I would need to remove the column supports in order to fish the harness out? I can see no way to fish out the harness without doing this.
Thanks again, Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts