Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a disk brake kit on the front of my 70 nova with a new master cylinder and power booster. When i press on the brakes it sounds like i have a air leak under the dash. What could be causing this???? Any help would be very thankful.

·
Super Moderator
7,177 Posts
Did you replace the vacuum hose when you installed the new booster? You could have a loose hose, or a cut in the hose. Or a bad booster, like mentioned before. Even new ones are sometimes bad. When the car's running, is the brake pedal hard to push? Test your booster - Turn the car off, pump the pedal to remove remaining vacuum, and with your foot on the pedal, start the car. You should feel the pedal drop just a little from the incoming vacuum. If not, then I'm thinking you have booster problems. If your hearing a hissing though, I'd say you have a vacuum leak somewhere.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pedal is alittle stiff. I put a new booster on the car when i did the conversion. I also replaced the vaccum line that runs to the booster. But there is a hiss when i press the brake pedal. I will try what you said.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts