Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just about ready to purchase a disc brake conversion kit. I want to do the 2 inch drop spindles at the same time. The kit I was looking at is only for 68 up. (I misread it) Is there any kits you guy recommend that contain all the required parts? Do I need to buy the brake kit and buy the drop spindles seperately? If I buy them seperately do the drop spindles work with all the kits out there?

I did a search but couldn't find an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I already have new "V8 springs" (moog 6246) and sensa-trac shocks ready to be installed with the kit. I am also going to rebuild the front end until I can afford the CBR rack and pinion kit and A arms.

I am confused. Help!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a good kit. I don't see a price listed though. Anyone bought their stuff before?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
There are 2" drop spindle disc brake kits for your car. It is cheaper to buy the 2" drop spindles with the brake kit, also unless your 63 has been converted to 5-lug running gear you will also need steering arms & to modify the spindle stop on your lower control arms or replace them with 64-67 lower control arms.

Walt

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are 2" drop spindle disc brake kits for your car. It is cheaper to buy the 2" drop spindles with the brake kit, also unless your 63 has been converted to 5-lug running gear you will also need steering arms & to modify the spindle stop on your lower control arms or replace them with 64-67 lower control arms.

Walt
Thanks for the info. I ordered a complete kit friday. I have the five lug conversion that was done by the previous owner. I also ordered a total front end rebuild kit, springs, shocks, motor and trans mounts and a complete wiring kit. Should make the car a little nicer to drive. After I do the rear leaf I may think it is a different car.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. (on the board, at the car shows and in private messages!) It is very much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts