Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the angle should be from the center line of the ball joints in relation to the spindle. My stock 66 drum arms check apx 6 1/2 deg inward at the top my new a/m spindles are close to 9 deg. What problems is this going to cause with setup ?:confused:

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With the spindle at 0 deg flat to the earth a shaft thru the upper an lower ball joint hole the shaft is 6 1/2 deg from vert for drum 9 deg disc.spindles have same size holes top and bottom

Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
With the spindle at 0 deg flat to the earth a shaft thru the upper an lower ball joint hole the shaft is 6 1/2 deg from vert for drum 9 deg disc.spindles have same size holes top and bottom

Jeff
This is called king pin inclination. It should be the same as your stock spindles. Who's spindles did you purchase?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rechecking using both drum spindles I see 7 deg with drum and 9 deg with disc. I'll put it together and deal with it if needed . I read of so many steering problems. I'm just trying avoid them with the tires on the ground. Thanks for replies SNS is great been watching and learning . I like the Church rack much nicer mounting than others i saw a year ago.

Thanks again Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.