Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the angle should be from the center line of the ball joints in relation to the spindle. My stock 66 drum arms check apx 6 1/2 deg inward at the top my new a/m spindles are close to 9 deg. What problems is this going to cause with setup ?:confused:

·
Vendor
4,080 Posts
Are you talking about the camber spec. between the two? If that is the case your lower arm should have enough adjustment to get your camber back in line..............are they on the car? Maybe a photo would help us see things a little better.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are not on the car I wes dry fitting on bench compairing drum to disc for wheel offset " 1/2" per side gain " not to mention moving bottom out to correct camber .

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With the spindle at 0 deg flat to the earth a shaft thru the upper an lower ball joint hole the shaft is 6 1/2 deg from vert for drum 9 deg disc.spindles have same size holes top and bottom

Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
With the spindle at 0 deg flat to the earth a shaft thru the upper an lower ball joint hole the shaft is 6 1/2 deg from vert for drum 9 deg disc.spindles have same size holes top and bottom

Jeff
This is called king pin inclination. It should be the same as your stock spindles. Who's spindles did you purchase?

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rechecking using both drum spindles I see 7 deg with drum and 9 deg with disc. I'll put it together and deal with it if needed . I read of so many steering problems. I'm just trying avoid them with the tires on the ground. Thanks for replies SNS is great been watching and learning . I like the Church rack much nicer mounting than others i saw a year ago.

Thanks again Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts