Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - my 74 Nova SS is in need of new front brakes. I have been looking at the various manufacturers options for pads & rotors. Does anyone have experience with Raybestos, Hawk, EBS, other? The car is street driven - mostly cruising. I would appreciate any feedback/recommendations.
Thanks, Glen

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
the markets been swamped the last few years with so many new variables of the materials the products are made of and the quality of the same.

i know ya can save tons of bucks and get cheap inexpensive rotors and pads... might be good for the way you drive yer car... on the other hand, if yer a tad harsher on yer ride, i'd step up to a higher quality set up...

if yer Real hard on the Ol' HotRod... BUY THE BEST. the highest dollar, highest quality rotors (made with better materials) and the best, top of the line pads. whether ceramic, semi-metallic, carbon fibre... get the best pad the rotor manufacturer offers...

Raybestos, Wagner, Eis, Napa any top of the line company will have multiple grades of product to compete in the market. good ta compete with good

and the cheap/inexpensive to compete with same...

whatever ya do one the front... match the quality in the rear too...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know - too many options:) I have no intention of going the cheap route, but I don't have any recent experience with the top end lines of the popular brands.

Probably doesn't really matter, given how I use the car .... but I figured if I was going to spend $$ and time, it was worth asking for other's experiences.

Thanks for the response,
Glen

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I've had very good experiences with raybestos.They last a long time and not too much brake dust.good luck bm

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice cars and thanks for the feedback! I was actually thinking about getting the Raybestos Brute Stop pad/rotor combination, and some Earl's stainless/teflon hoses. Decisions, decisions....:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts