Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone had any experience with a 4 wheel disc brake conversion kit for a 67. I was wondering around ebay and saw this kit floating around and it seems like it has everything I would need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/62-67-Nova-X-Body-4-wheel-disc-brake-kit-Brakes-SS_W0QQitemZ350226016355QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item518b18e863&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1171

Let me know if there is a better one for the money of if this one is worth 900 bones.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nope, but I will give you a bump in hopes to hear feedback on this as well!

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
the problem with alot of gen1 kits is the frontwheels are moved outward.... talk and do some searching in this section... about gen1-2 front disk conversions...

soem maker is now offering a -0- or stock well placement conversion .. CPP? MMPP? dont remember..

but just something to consider when ordereing

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bought that exact kit from Matts bowties for my 66. The kit Matt sells actually comes from The Right Stuff in Ohio. I Didnt buy it off ebay. It went together easily and looks good. Im just now ready to bleed the brakes and get it back on the ground. I dont know if the wheels got pushed out at all but these wheels are 17x7 with 4inch bs. I hope this helps. PM me if you have any specific questions. Be happy to help if I can.

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
Yes, that is a great price, you can put it together cheaper over the counter if you know what to ask for, but all the homework is done for you.....

Couple of questions, do you already have a dual master cylinder.....reason being, you should not have to change brake lines if so, unless someone has changed the cylinder already....

Do you have 5 lugs already......steering arms will make a difference.....pretty sure 67 had all these improvements over previous versions....

Overall, very nice kit, I am running the same thing on my car, but I built it from scratch......

T,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts