Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
does anyone know what i can use to convert my front drum brakes into disc brakes? what other year and car parts i could use?

[edit] i moved this post from the classifieds into the third genner forum for you... more info here than there ;)

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
You can machine the drum brake spindals and buy the caliper bracket and backing plate reproduction. The rest of the parts can be bought at any auto parts store.

·
Registered
3 Posts
12" Disc brake conversion for drum brake cars

I'm a machinest and I make caliper brackets that allow the use of 98-02 12" camaro disc brakes on your drum brake spindles.
$60.00 plus freight. if your interested i can send you some pics.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Speedhunter,

Are these the rotors that slip on over the manual brake hubs. I presume that it also is setup for 98-02 Camaro calipers? If so I am interested too, can you post photos of the brackets? If not I can post them for you.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
I'm a machinest and I make caliper brackets that allow the use of 98-02 12" camaro disc brakes on your drum brake spindles.
What is the minimum diameter wheel/rim that you have to use with this set up?

·
Registered
43 Posts
More info

You gotta post some pics...... Tire sizes, calipers, this sounds like a good set-up!!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I got manual drums all around and NEED power with fron disks ... so I'll be watching this thread for goodies...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Did anyone buy these and do the conversion. I am very interested and would like some testimonials. PM me if you don't want to publicly respond.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts