Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm searching for a disc brake conversion for my 63 nova. i have drums all around with 13 inch rims 5 lug set up.
now every upgrade kit i've come across says you need to use bigger rims.
can anyone tell me what size rims and tires i can fit on this thing without any more modifications??
can anyone recommend a good conversion kit?? i'd like to add the power booster as well. is it worth doing disc all around or will just the front be enough?

at some point down the road i'd like to add the rack n pin steering so if there's one thing more compatible to this then another please feel free to keep me informed!

thanks!!

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
There may be a small disc brake conversion available but the majority of us won’t want to stay with 4 lug 13” wheels so finding much to keep that setup will be slim.. Probably Vega parts or something like that.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have a 63 with 4 lug drum and 14" wheels and am in the process of rebuilding
I am going to discs all around

there are a few kits that will work with 14" wheels, these seem to use special low profile calipers so you are really limited in options
these numbers seem to be close but no guarantee
10.5" rotors for 14" wheels
11" rotors for 15" wheels
bigger than 11" and needing to get into 16 and up

for tire size seems about 9.5" wide and 26" tall is pretty close to max you can get in with just the right backspacing
I think closer to 9" wide and 25" tall is what I want
245-60-15 and 235-40-18 are pretty close to the same size so exact tire dimensions, tire series, wheel size is your preference and will dictate what class of tire you get into

I'm probably going to go somewhere between 215-55-16 and 225-45-17

·
Registered
620 Posts

This company is what a lot of lowriders use to get disc brakes inside their 13" wire wheels. I've installed a few on impalas and a set on a tri-5, but never a Nova. It looks like they might have what you're looking for though and worth a look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts