Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as I was pullin my 350 out the other day to install a new fuel line I managed to break the dipstick off in the block.After pulling the pan and working on it for a few hours I have the old one removed.

So i go to o reilly's thinking I could buy a stock replacement dipstick.Well they don't carry anything like that.So I bought a 10 dollar chrome one.

Well I ruined it tryin to install it.I have never had good luck with them stupid things anyway.So does anyone have any recomendations?Should I shell the 60 bucks out for the milidon or is there another way to go?

Anyone have any experince with the dipsticks that don't use the tube?A few companies offer them.

Also maybe some tips on installing the buggers!

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Anytime I have replaced a dip stick I change my oil with the correct amount, run the engine let it stand for an hour and mark the level on the dip stick, so I know exactly how much oil I have without any doubt. A warm engine and an ice cold dip stick tube usually slides right into place.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well an oil change is planned.I also changed the cam and intake during this whole ordeal.

Just got done installing the 1/2 inch aluminum fuel line.Turned out good.But geez is am I sweaty!It's hot and humid out there for sure!

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Buy the Lokar, but, "Don't be thinking with yer dipstick laddie". Just had to do that. Love that commerical

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not that I wasn't trying to listen to you guys but I ordered the milidon.When I asked the guy at summit if lokar was made in america he said he didn't know.

So I ordered the one I knew was made in the usa...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MIL-22000/

Hopefully all goes well from here on out.I have been fighting broken parts this whole time...

A 65 dollar dipstick.Who woulda thought?:no:

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Not that I wasn't trying to listen to you guys but I ordered the milidon.When I asked the guy at summit if lokar was made in america he said he didn't know.

So I ordered the one I knew was made in the
Cool, assembled in America with chinese parts. Yeah, thats the made in the USA standard now... Just kidding :) Im sure it will be just fine. I have the lokar and I do like the flexibility of the plastic stick, just takes a lil more guidance than a stiff steel stick. Dont read anything into that :cool: JR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts