Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What causes those dimples on the top side of valve covers, one valve cover or the other can have a diff. amount of dimples too? thanks

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Are these stock valve covers?? Are there roller rockers under the covers? Could be hitting the covers if there are!!

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
dimpled as if to clear another item in the engine compartment ??? or dimpled as mentioned to oil rockers ???

are you referring to BB chev V/covers ???

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
327 Valve Covers

If you are referring to the 327 style (Decal in middle raised part) it's a simple problem. The valve covers can only go on one way!!!!!!! The side with the oil line tabs is easy, the ones that do not have the tabs must got on with the bolt socket relief that goes all the way to the top of the cover is towards the intake!! You will notice the other side stops part way up the side of the cover. If reversed, they are damaged by the rockers. I have roller rockers on my Chrome ones, but with a 5/16ths gasket and no problems!!! Here's a set I bought and the guy put the Decals on BACKWARDS !!! If you were to mount this the way you read the 327........ it would damage the Valve Cover on statr up!!! This dimple or relief goes on the intake side!!..... so Decal should be flipped to face the other way!! Clear??
Bogie

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Or do you mean something like this?

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, alot of different dimples, heck i dont know, these are b/b covers and on top side of them they have small dimple 'indentations' (inward, or should i say downward). Z28 could be correct here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts