Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced alt. , reg. , and bat. and checked the few grounds I know of
and still have dim lights.....what elese do I look for ? Is there a way to add a ground to fix dim lights on my 64 ?

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Fast Eddie II said:
and still have dim lights.....what elese do I look for ? Is there a way to add a ground to fix dim lights on my 64 ?
I'm not sure how old you are, as your profile doesnt show an age, but if your new to "old" cars then the lights may not actually have a problem....cause if by dim you mean the head lights are not as bright as the head lights on cars today then thats just the way these cars were back then...the headlights were not as bright as cars today...no where near as bright...

there are kits to make them brighter that require the installation of relays and such...and from what I have heard they work well....i actually plan on installing this setup in my car during this rebuild...as brighter lights at night can only make the car safer....here is a link with more info on this "issue" with early cars

http://www.madelectrical.com/electricaltech/brighter-headlights.shtml

·
Registered
39 Posts
i put these in my car 7 in 6014 H6024 Diamond Headlamps Headlights Light Lamp Item number: EBAY ITEM 8065947754 ,nice and bright.:nascar: :chev: :beer:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
copper said:
i put these in my car 7 in 6014 H6024 Diamond Headlamps Headlights Light Lamp Item number: EBAY ITEM 8065947754 ,nice and bright.:nascar: :chev: :beer:
Looks nice, but what is that "city light" it talks about? :confused:

Matt :kirby:

·
Registered
217 Posts
You should check the voltage at the battery with the car running , it should be around 14.1v . Then check voltage at the headlight plug , this will tell you the amount of voltage drop . If you don't have much drop , then brighter headlamps might be the cure .
City lights are small bulbs in the headlamp housing that can be connected to the parking lights . These are usually blue .

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I used relays that I got from the wreckers and wired them up, then picked up a pair of halogens. Huge difference.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Fast Eddie II said:
My 63 had that on the left side last year(when it was drivable)turned out to be the ground connection in the headlamp plug.It was loose on the bulb itself and in the plastic plug housing.Tightened both up no more problems.

·
Registered
39 Posts
city light is tha same as bmw angel wings,the rim of the light is wired to the park light so you get a halo with park lights on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts