Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas. Im nearing the end of my (current) mechanical problems on my car, and am starting to looking into new accessories such as led lights, carpet and just stuff like that to make the car nicer in general. One of the things ive been looking into is a new guage cluster. Itd be nice to have all my guages in one place and the aftermarket ones look sweet. But theres not a lot of market for a 68 nova (I know autometer has some on ss396 but i dont like how they look, original is cooler). I fell in love with a dakota digital one (pictured below). Only to realize its for a 69.. is there another one known out there for 68s? How big of a deal is it to make this work on a 68 without converting to a 69 dash?

This def isnt a must for me. I thought the square speedometer was the coolest thing growing up so if anything ill just keep mine and have it refreshed.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't fit. The '68 lens versus the 69-74 lens are almost identical. They were clear, or a little blue. I swapped a clear 69 (scratched) for a clean 68 years ago.

I don't think you'd have an issue trying to squeeze it in there. But it's hard to drop that kind of money on something you got confirmation on a forum about. I'm surprised they don't have it for '68...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The Dakota Digital gauges are popular for first gen cars and it's one of my favorite things about my car. I went with the black face with white lights but I think they are adjustable now. When it's dark out I love the way my dash panel looks. Yes, they are expensive but I'd do it again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts