Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i believe my car has a mix of different year parts on the nose 70+fendrs, and 68-69 bumper,im not sure what year my bezels are and dont know the differences to look for?
p.s. my car is a 71

·
14,584 Posts
The 68and some early 69's like mine have bezels with a notch in the top portion around the headlight to get in and adjust the headlights. The 69-72 do not have this notch molded into the bezel.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
the 68 bezels have a notch in the top portion around the headlight to get in and adjust the headlights. The 69-72 do not have this notch molded into the bezel.
Reverse that. 68's do not have the notch, 69 up do.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
This is correct 68 one year, 69 one year, 70-72 the same. Take a look in the "Best of 3rd gen" I started a thread there that will help you know what is correct for your car

It's interesting how many subtle changes you will find between the different years when you try to mix and match parts. I have a couple I stumbled across recently:

The '71 we are working on uses tack welded-on tabs below the back glass to attach the lower reveal molding to, but our '72 parts car has "bulges" for a lack of a better word, or I guess you could call them raised areas formed in the body to attach the reveal molding.

I tried to use the '72 reveal molding on the '71, but that didn't work, the screw holes don't line up, go figure, the '72 reveal molding is not a match. Seems they wouldn't want to change their tooling for such subtle changes.

Another thing I found was the drip rail piece that screws to the A-pillar has a different hole pattern from '71 to '72, at least our two cars do.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
What a mutt! I have a year appropriate on the pass side and a 68 on the drivers, thanks for all the info:d
There's plenty out there, still good to see them surviving, right or wrong!:yes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts