Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
I could be wrong, but I believe that standard would be all vinyl and deluxe would have cloth inserts in the seating and back area of the seat (area that you would make contact with the seat), the rest of the seat would be finished in vinyl.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts

These are from a 1967 Dealer Album... they just mention Fawn...no deluxe in picture. Hope this helps.

Dave
67 Nova Boy

·
14,398 Posts
Can anyone tell me the difference between fawn standard and fawn deluxe on a 67' nova bench seat?
I'm not entirely sure, but my understanding was the Chevy II 100 series had standard upholstery with deluxe all vinyl on wagons. There was a different and slightly upgraded standard trim for Nova models with a deluxe all vinyl version for wagons. This resulted in 4 different fawn trim code numbers for '67. Check your cowl tag for the trim code number that your car had when built.

Bob

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not entirely sure, but my understanding was the Chevy II 100 series had standard upholstery with deluxe all vinyl on wagons. There was a different and slightly upgraded standard trim for Nova models with a deluxe all vinyl version for wagons. This resulted in 4 different fawn trim code numbers for '67. Check your cowl tag for the trim code number that your car had when built.

Bob

My Trim code is 773 which is Fawn. But is it Standard or Deluxe?

This is what I have.

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3698.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I received my Fawn seat covers and this is how they matched up. Any help would be appreciated. Could my interior be Ivy Gold?

IMG_3700.jpg

IMG_3702.jpg

·
14,398 Posts
I received my Fawn seat covers and this is how they matched up. Any help would be appreciated. Could my interior be Ivy Gold?
According to my info, the only factory gold interior for a 1967 Nova was in the Super Sport. It's not unusual, however, for repop interiors to be offered in additional colors. Could the covers currently in your car be repops?

Bob

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
According to my info, the only factory gold interior for a 1967 Nova was in the Super Sport. It's not unusual, however, for repop interiors to be offered in additional colors. Could the covers currently in your car be repops?

Bob
Not a chance Bob. This car only has 35,352 miles on it. This has me stumped. Do you know who carries the best repo seat covers?

·
14,398 Posts
Not a chance Bob. This car only has 35,352 miles on it. This has me stumped. Do you know who carries the best repo seat covers?
Wow, definitely coded as a Fawn interior, but not even close in color to the covers you want to put on. I would check with the supplier to be sure they don't have two fawns...dark and light. As I said in the previous post, the reproduction market frequently adds colors over and above what was factory available.

A lot of members here use PUI seat covers. There have been a few complaints, but apparently they make things right in the end. You might also want to contact SMS Auto Fabrics in Oregon. They have a pretty good reputation, but can be pricey. Here's a link to their website.

http://www.smsautofabrics.com/

Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts