Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi: is there a difference between the 2 and 4 door rear section of the chassis? I have a 4 door and I am thinking about TCI 4 link rear end. I called them and they couldn't say if the rear section of 2 and 4 door chassis are the same or not.
Thanks

·
Registered
1974 Nova, 1977 Nova
2,056 Posts
The entire chassis, suspension, subframe, and floor pan (basically the whole bottom part of the car) is the same for both 2 & 4-door. So you should be good to go with the TCI 4 link.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,753 Posts
Just what Ray McAvoy says -----------

and, go LOOK HERE :

in the Originality Section : (top area) -- Sticky : Web Link Libary

go down to .. Transmission Parts and Assemblies

Look at the bottom of that list -- for : Ray's Chevy Restoration Site

Very Good INFO ............... and , enjoy .

Thank You , Mr. Ray McAvoy

(alot of very good info located there, by the way) .

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 66 4 door and recently completed installing the TCI 4 link kit. Fit perfectly and looks great. I haven’t driven it yet since I’m still doing the motor rebuild /install. I didn’t do a mini tub kit and after research I had the rear built a little longer than the TCI instructions state. With their dimensions on a stock wheel tub you can use a 8.5 inch wide wheel with 4inch backspacing. With those dimensions I couldn’t find any rims that met those specs unless I went with custom wheels. That gets pretty expensive and I wanted to spend my money on other upgrades like the front suspension and motor. I made my rear 55.5 inches as opposed to 54.5 like they recommend. With that I was able to use a an 8 inch wide rim with the standard 4.5 backspacing and it fit perfectly. I’m running a 255/45/17 with plenty of clearance. If you’re going with a mini tub then that obviously changes everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts