Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find a diagram of the convertible top. One that might show each part and where it goes. I want to take mine off and sand blast but don't want to forget how it went together and want to make sure I have all the parts the car is partially disassembled..? Any help would be appreciated.

David

·
Super Moderator
4,610 Posts
The 1962 Chevy II Shop Manual is a good source for illustrations, diagrams, assembly and troubleshooting of the convertible top. It comes in a tan cover. I don't know if they are in reprint, but you see them for sale occasionally. I bought mine here online from a member. DEFINITELY worth having.

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
the '62 shop manual has about about 22 pages that refer to the convertible top mechanism , plus a LOT of other useful info , I sell factory shop manuals for $20 + shipping

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the '62 shop manual has about about 22 pages that refer to the convertible top mechanism , plus a LOT of other useful info , I sell factory shop manuals for $20 + shipping
Can I get both the book and the supplement from You. Do you guys do pay pal or what method of payment?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
you can get originals in decent shape (some wear marks, blots on the cover) for about 9 bucks or less on ebay. i got both the 63 shop supplement and the 62 shop manual a total of $14nbasically by doing the "Best Offer" option--and this was WITH shipping. these are just old books not many people are hunting for. very satisfied with my purchase and arrived in three days or less--gave old books collecting dust new life! props to ebay and USPS media mail (the CA book came in two days to PA!).

just food for thought.

-Rusty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts