Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I was planning on going, but I hafta buzz over to Dallas this weekend instead so Im not sure if Ill be able to make it or not. How big is this meet, like compared to the one at The Ballpark in Arlington?

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
well i wanted to go, but i have a cruise in down in corsicana, and my wife says we have family things on saturday....i may still try to sneak there anyways...
as far as the size...if i remember correctly, it is put on by the same people who used to do the Ballpark Swapmeets....last year, the meet was pretty good sized...easier to navigate....it was full but the layout was different and i can't really compare the two......

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1965proSTREET said:
well i wanted to go, but i have a cruise in down in corsicana, and my wife says we have family things on saturday....i may still try to sneak there anyways...
as far as the size...if i remember correctly, it is put on by the same people who used to do the Ballpark Swapmeets....last year, the meet was pretty good sized...easier to navigate....it was full but the layout was different and i can't really compare the two......
I have been told that is a good one.

Now I hope they have used Ford 9" rear parts...im gonna need them to complete my new 4-link setup.

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
I think theres a Fall meet there too. I went there last year but I got there on a sunday afternoon and everyone was packed up. I still looked around and it seemed pretty good size except that everyone was kinda packed up. I'd say it worth going out there, but it aint near as big as the Pate swap meet at the racetrack. Maybe the spring meet in ft.worth is bigger than the fall meet. I'd go except that i dont have much money and its kinda far to drive for me.

-Aaron

·
Registered
86 Posts
:D It is not nearly as bid as the Ballpark swap, but still a good one. The other big one at the Texas Motor Speedway is the last week of this month. I can't miss either.:D

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
MNYPIT said:
:D It is not nearly as bid as the Ballpark swap, but still a good one. The other big one at the Texas Motor Speedway is the last week of this month. I can't miss either.:D
I thought it was the last weekend of May. ??:confused:

-Aaron (I bought my car there, what good memories:) )

·
Registered
768 Posts
CDjr, I'm driving over from Shreveport also.

It's a good meet, not huge, but worth attending.
It's also fairly organized and is held on concrete, not gravel.
I would rate it a 7 on a scale of 10.
Ya'll should go.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Maybe I will go ahead and go to it. I just got in from Arlington this afternoon, but I guess I could be ready again by next weekend ;) You live here in town, nukle? Anywhere near Southern Hills? :cool:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CDJr said:
Maybe I will go ahead and go to it. I just got in from Arlington this afternoon, but I guess I could be ready again by next weekend ;) You live here in town, nukle? Anywhere near Southern Hills? :cool:
You guys looking for any parts specifically?

-John

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Well John, since you asked lol......Im in need a hood for a First Generation Firebird (67-69), in case you happen to stumble across one. Id make it worth your while, of course ;) Thats what Id be lookin for mainly. Been havin a hard time finding one locally cuz they charge more to ship it than the hood cost. The last one I found and was considering getting was in great shape, and only $60...but I balked when they told me they wanted like $220 to ship it lol. (I laughed and told em I could have the whole damn car shipped here for a few dollars more, and they hung up on me). :D

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CDJr said:
Well John, since you asked lol......Im in need a hood for a First Generation Firebird (67-69), in case you happen to stumble across one. Id make it worth your while, of course ;) Thats what Id be lookin for mainly. Been havin a hard time finding one locally cuz they charge more to ship it than the hood cost. The last one I found and was considering getting was in great shape, and only $60...but I balked when they told me they wanted like $220 to ship it lol. (I laughed and told em I could have the whole damn car shipped here for a few dollars more, and they hung up on me). :D
CDJr...havent heard of any first gen Firebird hoods out there around here...all I have is a first gen Nova hood!

I will keep an eye out for ya....and no need to make it worth my while...I am always happy to help out a fellow enthusiast!

-John

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I appreciate it, John! Lemme know if you run across one...Ive been looking for one for over a year.
Nukle, I also have a 74 Nova ;) , but I mostly am an F-body person. I just frequent this site cuz theres so many nice cats on here that are so helpful and Im always eager to learn...(plus I enjoy helpin Randy and Danno harass Flyer!!!) :D

·
Registered
768 Posts
CDJr said:
I appreciate it, John! Lemme know if you run across one...Ive been looking for one for over a year.
Nukle, I also have a 74 Nova ;) , but I mostly am an F-body person. I just frequent this site cuz theres so many nice cats on here that are so helpful and Im always eager to learn...(plus I enjoy helpin Randy and Danno harass Flyer!!!) :D
CDjr, your right, the folks on this sight do seem to be good folks (very helpfull).
Fire me an e-mail if you get that '74 running, we'll hook up over in Bossier for that once a month Sonic deal, if they're still doing it. Not too many hot rods see the roads in the Shreveport area.

By the way, what did you guys think of the Ft.Worth swap meet. I wasn't able to attend, Holiday weekend and all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts