Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the clamp on spring perches in their minitub kit good enough bolted on or are they supposed to be welded after pinion angle is set?

A friend over by me just installed all this stuff and I am just curious. Personally that doesn't sit well with me though.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Sweet. A question I can answer with 100% confidence.

**** NO. They are not meant to be just used as clamp ons, no matter how much torque you apply. The scratches in my custom aluminum driveshaft will attest to that. I had mine torqued very tight and the rear spun up and smashed the DS into the floor.
X2, I have a broken nose for my proof!:eek:

Weld them in once you find the pinion angle you want, be careful not to over heat the tubes and warp the rear end.

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I was figuring leaving them like that would be a good way to have to replace a rearend and transmission.

Pretty sure the guy has his paperwork with instructions. He just spent $20,000 in parts and two paint jobs. This car was pretty wavy and when they painted it dark blue it show all the waves. Went over a week later and a spanish guy repainted it black and got that car very straight. It looks great now, just needs finishing which is what he is doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts