Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what is the biggest diameter tire can fit in Detroit mini tubs for a 66?
thanks.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
My car is a 2nd gen. I went with 315/35/17s. Have a little room to spare but not much. And I’ve got mine sitting pretty low.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Do you have it sitting pretty low? I’m thinking of doing the same thing with TCI 4 link. But I want it to sit low so I’m concerned about the tire rubbing the top of the tubs.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
If you are looking to go to an extreme low stance then you will be modifying a number of things to make it work. Wheel tubs, trans tunnel, engine/trans location, and suspension to name a few.

My 64 sits low but not extremely low..

The first pic was how it sat before I did any suspension work. The next three pics are the current wheel and tire package..

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank. That is way low enough for me. How is your suspension set up? Do you have any problems with speed bumps? Size tires? I’d be happy with your stance.
Rob

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Ride height is static. I don’t have any problems with speed bumps, driveway ramps, or loading it up on a trailer. I will list the details of my current setup but I will suggest some alternate tires sizes as would like a little bit bigger tire size under the car.. This will affect the ride height slightly.

Front:
I cut one complete coil off the front springs. That amounts to 2 inches. Installed CPP Mini subframe kit with uppers and I have stock height spindles.

Rear:
I had the mono leafs de-arched 2 inches. Also, I put all new bushings and stock height shackles on it. I have KYB Gas-AJust shocks have n the rear.

Wheels / Tires:
Front 15x7, 4.25” backspace / 205/55/15 - I would probably go to a 205/60/15

Rear - 15x8, 5.25” backspace / 225/50/15 - I will probably go to a little bit bigger rear tire size 225/60/15

1 - 15 of 15 Posts