Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a bit higher than I was thinking. What do you guys think?

13.5:1 compression
Ported Brodix Track 1 heads
Victor Jr topped with 1050 dominator
Cam specs you can see on the screen shot

·
Registered
508 Posts
I put my motor in on my desk top dyno with everything, even my correct head flow nimbers and i was about 200 hp higher than what it realy made. As for it being acurate, not so much but it dose help build a combo that will work. I use it often to see what will work beter in what combo. I feel even if it isnt right on it will still show improvements or decreases in hp and tq numbers.

P.S. I CANT MAKE OUT ANYTHING ON YOUR SHEET. ITS ALL BLURY HOW MUCH DID IT SAY YOU WERE GOING TO MAKE?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was figuring 550hp to be honest. I built this engine based off of an article in national dragster years ago. Only I went higher compression, bigger heads and bigger cam. There engine made 500hp on an engine dyno. I also input my heads actual flow numbers.

EDIT: It was a little over 600hp. The torque curve coincides with what ATI told me when I was ordering a new converter. If you click the picture it gets bigger.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I would say it could be very close. I have a 383 9.5:1 motor that makes 589hp/449tq on an engine dyno. 254/257 .712" 108LSA on 104 center roller cam. My heads are CNC'd 230cc iron eagle platinums. Your cam may be a little short on lift at only .530-.550 range.

I think it may be close. Carb may be a bit big too.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say it could be very close. I have a 383 9.5:1 motor that makes 589hp/449tq on an engine dyno. 254/257 .712" 108LSA on 104 center roller cam. My heads are CNC'd 230cc iron eagle platinums. Your cam may be a little short on lift at only .530-.550 range.

I think it may be close. Carb may be a bit big too.

Patrick at prosystems said my 1050 will work fine with my combo. I am actually about to send it to him to have it custom built for my combo. I would honestly be shocked if it made that much. The carb the way it is right now actually runs pretty good.

I didnt take it over 5K in this video which is obviously way under my power band.

http://vimeo.com/4986994

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Switch the exhaust to large tube with mufflers--by shuffling a few things I was able to match my actual dyno numbers pretty closely

·
Registered
508 Posts
here is what mine says. the TQ is only about 10 ft/lbs off but the HP is alot more. the cool thing is i adjusted the perameters to what my car actully ran in the chasis section on motor and when i added to N2O it was alomost dead on with in .05 and 1 mph

1 - 7 of 7 Posts