Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please someone help, decode this rear end, FC 6k 273
mystery i know, said it came from a 75 nova but it's not matching anything in my Chevy by the numbers books, FC would of been like a 60's model corvette with 4.56 posi........hahahah......no not that, i'm almost 100% sure it's a 7.5 inch though

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
figured

Yeah i figured/knew that 75's had 8.5's, according to my chevy by the numbers book so when i called the guy with the rear and he said it wasn't a 72, but a 75 i was hesitant, but then releived when i looked in my book, BUt the code on the axle wasn't matching up at all, unless i'm looking at a wrong code, i might go double check the damn thing but i'm pretty sure that's the only code on it, also on the novaresource site, i didn't see FC anywhere for ..............any nova, of any year, plus the code is FC 6K 273 , and all the codes on the site are like two letters XX , Letter, then production number sequence then letters if it's a posi etc.., so it should be like XX X ### intead it's XX #X 273............ so i dunno, i'm thinking it's noteeven from a chevy, maybe a b.o.p .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts