Chevy Nova Forum banner

Decode my vin

6K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  CdnL79 Registry 
#1 ·
  1. Trying to decode my vin and trim tag 67 acaidian
    Black Font Photography Rim Metal

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
VIN: 7 = Acadian, 1537= Canso sport coupe 6 cylinder, 7=1967, 1=Oshawa, Ontario, build plant, 101326= production sequence number.
Cowl tag: 71537= Acadian Canso sport coupe six cylinder, XLD= Export left hand drive, OS=Oshawa, Ontario, build plant, 822599= Fisher Body number, 9=Enamel paint, AA=Tuxedo black, 211=black interior, C48=Heater delete

This is a rare 1967 Acadian left hand drive built for export. My GM Canada info shows only 137 six cylinder Cansos exported in 1967 (total sedans and sport coupes). In addition the heater delete is very interesting, because this option was not available on Acadians and Chevy IIs built for the Canadian market. The flag under your avatar is too small to see, so where are you located? Do you have Vintage Vehicle Services documentation for the car. If not, go to the sticky at the top of the Canadian Forum for the info. Please give us more detail on this rare car.

Bob

#3 ·
spcltee i see that is your first post but just joined a while ago. so i'll still say welcome to the nova site. years ago i used to see those acadians in michigan here as canada is so close. it's been some time since i've seen one around here in michigan. the last one i saw a year ago was a 68 acadian sport deluxe convertable. post up some pictures when you can. enjoy the cruise.

#4 ·
I live in st.thomas virgin islands, found the car in puerto rico in august 2017.I had a hard time gettin the car shipped because they a re very strict when it comes to documentation. I joined the site when inwas looking for a grille for the car. I was lucky to get one from a seller in Canada. I'm still on the hunt for emblems and trim.

#5 ·
Do you think this car was originally exported to Puerto Rico? The heater delete would suggest it might have been. Vintage Vehicle Services documentation includes the name of the selling dealer. Would be interesting to see what it would say for this car. Does the car still match up to the VIN/cowl tag decode? Post some pics when you have time.

Bob

#6 ·
with a heater delete its a metal plate covering the fire wall were the fan is at. but what is done were the control panel is on the dash. is it a dash that doesn't have a stamped hole in the dash or is it a panel installed over that opening also. i've just never seen a car without a heater but then i'm in michigan.

#7 ·
There's a dashboard colored plate over the hole. There are very few true heater delete Chevy IIs. A factory heater delete requires RPO C48 to be ordered. Most cars we see stated to be heater delete are just cars with the heater removed by the owner. A factory heater delete will have an 'H' on the cowl tag ACC line. This wasn't even an available option for Canadian built cars. Most of the U.S. factory deletes I've seen were cars built for the Hawaii market.
Bob

#13 ·
Redrider

Look at the picture of the 'cowl tag' . . . . . you can see that "Block - off - Plate" . . . . . in that pic .
Pretty cool ; and, that picture by Bob - the 'Red Nova' . . . . even with "Heater & Radio Delete" .

#14 · (Edited)
You're right, Jim. You don't often see original heater delete details like on this export Acadian. So many today are simply heaters removed by owners, then touted as rare heater delete cars. Calling a car radio delete is even more deceptive, because Chevy IIs and Novas never came with radios as standard equipment. True factory deletes only applied to standard equipment items an owner may not have wanted and an assigned RPO number was required to do it. In Chevy IIs and Novas RPO C48 heater delete was one of the few available. So, if you didn't order an optional radio for your Nova, it came with a cover to fill the dash hole. Lots of cars in the 60's came without radios and had the cover plate, so there was no such thing as a factory radio delete option.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.