Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody I don't post a lot but I check in daily but now I'm looking for opinions I'm putting a 64 SS together non original . I ran into a guy that has a 96 Trans Am for sale with a LT1 T56 non running clean title with records for $2500 . I will have the SS on the road easily by spring but if I get involved with the T56 transplant it will probably keep me off the road longer . Any thoughts ? T/A is actually a good car it just had a minor engine fire .

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
LT1 will drop right in! Can't tell you much about the T56 and any mods.
Go for it

Or are thinking of building the Trans Am?

Mark

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Even a minor engine fire can to a lot more damage than you can see. I would stay away from it unless you can get him down to about $1000.00.

Just my :2cents:

:ragtop:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
IMHO.....
I'D GET AWAY FROM THE T/A AND FIX THE NOVA! :yes:
THE T/A COULD HAVE MORE PROBLEMS THAN YOU KNOW! :turn: WHY HASN'T HE FIXED IT? :confused: HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SITTIN'? :confused: BOTTOM LINE IS GET YOUR CURRENT RIDE RIGHT, THEN YOU CAN VENTURE INTO OTHER AREAS.
I'D BET HE STILL HAS THE T/A IN THE SPRING! :cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I didn't explain myself very well , I'm buying the T/A for transmission only to put in my Nova my point is this will delay getting my Nova done . The Nova was an original 4 spd car now with a th350 so I've decided to go back to manual with a modern twist . I've decided to go ahead and buy the T/A so what ever is left of the car when I'm done will be for sale to the next bone picker . I'm not sure if I'll sell the car whole or break it down . For anyone interested with future projects in mind the T/A has a 3.42 posi rear end , disc brakes on 4 corners , alum head LT1 and who knows what else .

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
It will delay you getting the nova back on the road. The t56 trans is big and you'll have to cut and rebuild the tunnel to fit it in. Good luck.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
OH MY BAD, :doh: I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT YOU WANTED TO RESTORE THE T/A AND IT WOULD SLOW YOU DOWN ON FIXING THE NOVA!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts