Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the setup Ive decided to go with, of course the center cap will not say Found on Road Dead once im finished!!
The wheel is a 17x7 Dodge Charger steelie with a Crown Vic Police Interceptor cap, way way cheaper than the Wheel Vintiques setup and its all off the shelf products. I wanted to be able to do the wheel combo with off the shelf factory products, of course their is a catch...different bolt pattern!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Were you going to leave the holes in the wheels? I've seen it where people have filled those in to make a smooth steelie.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Were you going to leave the holes in the wheels? I've seen it where people have filled those in to make a smooth steelie.
Yes sir, they will get repainted once the car hits the road, they are just in
factory e-coat.

I like the holes myself. A little breathing room for the 4 wheel discs:D

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
so you had your front rotors, axles and rear rotors redrilled? what's the total investment? i see another member who has done the same thing... looks good. what tires are you running front & rear?

Thanks. ;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so you had your front rotors, axles and rear rotors redrilled? what's the total investment? i see another member who has done the same thing... looks good. what tires are you running front & rear?

Thanks. ;)
Flyer -

I will get back at cha with the specifics on the frt hubs/rr axles and costs. I will be running 225/45/17 frts and 235/45/17 rear, I would like to run the
235's all the way around but the fronts would be tuff. I could roll the front fender lips a bit and you could never tell and also relocate the fender brace a bit in front of the tire? The backspacing is key and these wheels are 5.125 backspace which is really nice! There is also plenty of room for LS brakes which I will be running up front and the rear brakes I am using a AMC Eagle Rotor and Chev S10 Front calipers. I will let you know after I chat with the Wise one!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks. ;)
FLyer-

I sent you a PM on your interests
Travis:cool:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
arent the dodge wheels 5x115 ? and ford 5x114.3? looks cool though
Yup your exactly right. I spent about a year on and off researching different wheels that would work with these early novas. Backspacing is critical if you want to run a bigger tire. I redrilled my frt hubs to the 115 bolt pattern and left my rear alone because Im running a Ford 9 inch. The difference is .07mm. The Crown Vic 17 inch Police rims have almost a 7 inch backspace. The 05-08 Dodge Charger/Magnum/300 wheels have a perfect backspace to run bigger tires. Thanks for the thumbs up...I like them too!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bumpity for you MP63SS, options for you if your interested:D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Bumpity for you MP63SS, options for you if your interested:D
Thanks buddy, I have to pull the trigger on custom offset Torq Thrust's. as I already have the rears in the Garage.. I'll look into different wheel patterns!! But I don't wanna short cut the car...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts