Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 22nd. Annual Greater Tennessee Valley Antique Car Show is this weekend at Point Mallard Park in Decatur. The show has been held at the Delphi Plant in the past but has been moved to the park this year. Normally has upward of a 1000 cars and is open to pre 84's. Many prizes including a couple of 350 crates, wheels and others. Friday night is a get together at the park for a oldies doo-wap concert and pre-registration then Saturday morning bright and early at 7:00 a.m. they start parking cars. Show last until about 3:00p.m. The water park is open and big fun for the kids/family during the day. I looked for a link to post but you might just google to find more information. If I can get someone to cover my call for work I will bring the deuce out for the day. Maybe I will meet a few of you there.

See ya'll there!
Scott

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know if I'll make it to the car show but I 've been through there alot lately Huntsville, Madison, Decatur all got hit with hail storms the last couple months.
Yep, the wifes Tahoe got beat up pretty bad and so did my roof. It broke the windshield out of my company truck. I worked 16 - 20 hour days restoring power to Decatur, glad thats over.

·
Registered
520 Posts
delphi show

I hope to have my car done by saturday. 66 two door post, black on black. Im finishing it up and hope to have it there.

Im a little concerned about the show this year. This has always been the biggest and baddest show in the area. Now with the delphi plant closing and point mallard and the city of decatur involved.....disaster is eminent. Decatur can truely do nothing right...and im sure the will totally ruin this event too.

Oh well, I hope to be there. Just gotta finish up the interior and clean this baby up.
hope to cya there.
Jason

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope to have my car done by saturday. 66 two door post, black on black. Im finishing it up and hope to have it there.

Im a little concerned about the show this year. This has always been the biggest and baddest show in the area. Now with the delphi plant closing and point mallard and the city of decatur involved.....disaster is eminent. Decatur can truely do nothing right...and im sure the will totally ruin this event too.

Oh well, I hope to be there. Just gotta finish up the interior and clean this baby up.
hope to cya there.
Jason
I hope you are not right on the screw up. My uncle is one of the two people in charge of the show and has been since the first one. They have always gone to great lengths to insure a well planned out event. He feels pretty confident it will go pretty smooth, the city is really interested in making it a hit this year for future shows to come.

Scott

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
The Delphi show has always been a good show with alot of cars and a great swap meet. The location at Point Mallard is a better spot because of some shade that Delphi didn't have. The only thing about the park is that the show will be broken up into 2 or 3 fields instead of one at Delphi. The shade is still a plus :yes:. I am going to try to be there if at all possible.

Tommy :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
decatur show

I finally got my car to a show, was real happy to make my first. Not many prizes at all. I see a real fall off in attendance if this keeps up.

Nice to meet another SNS member too. Nice car!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally got my car to a show, was real happy to make my first. Not many prizes at all. I see a real fall off in attendance if this keeps up.

Nice to meet another SNS member too. Nice car!
I enjoyed meeting you and getting to see your car. I think it turned out really well. I left early to beat the mass exodus of 600 + cars and I had about all of Elvis and the rest of those singers my head could stand. I think it went well considering it was a new location. There was plenty of room. I'll look for you at other events.

Scott

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
I got to the show early Saturday and found quite a bit that I needed at the swap meet. Made 2 trips out to the truck with parts. I didn't take the Nova just because I was hoping to find some larger items that I knew wouldn't fit in the car. I saw some really sweet Novas Saturday. The next big show in the area should be the Ardmore show.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got to the show early Saturday and found quite a bit that I needed at the swap meet. Made 2 trips out to the truck with parts. I didn't take the Nova just because I was hoping to find some larger items that I knew wouldn't fit in the car. I saw some really sweet Novas Saturday. The next big show in the area should be the Ardmore show.

Tommy, I wondered if you were there. I thought I might get to meet you and check out your car. There were quite a few Novas as well which I enjoyed seeing. I suggested to jaysunal it would be neat to have a Steves sticker just to be able to know when a fellow member was present.

Scott

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
I'm pretty sure I will be at the Ardmore show, if you can make it i'll give you a sticker. I have several extras. Priceville will be having thiers August 15th. I went last year and was around the 400th car to register... Nice show. Ardmores will be August 22. I think they had 600 plus last year.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm pretty sure I will be at the Ardmore show, if you can make it i'll give you a sticker. I have several extras. Priceville will be having thiers August 15th. I went last year and was around the 400th car to register... Nice show. Ardmores will be August 22. I think they had 600 plus last year.

That sounds like a plan. If I am not on call either of those events I may be able to make one probably Priceville. I will look you up for the sticker.

Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Hi, OK Now can you tell me more about the car show in Ardmore . I have n't heard anything about this
. Thanks, Later Larry Mc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts