Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
With many states, including Washington where I live, having the stay at home order except for essential things such as groceries, gas, and medical reasons in place. I have to wonder. Does car shopping fall into the essential category?

·
Super Moderator
3,415 Posts
Well, I bought a used car last Thursday for a client. I had looked at it last Monday, which seems an awful long time ago. The dealership agreed to scour the inside of the car with a germ and virus killing spray, if that helped at all, and lysol. I was invited into the dealership to count the money and sign papers, but I requested we do the transaction across the top of a Nissan Altima for a flat surface. After 1 1/2 hours and some good social distancing I did the transaction with a mask and gloves on, hand sanitizing afterward. I believe that Thursday was the day Gavin Newsom enacted 'stay at home' unless a trip was essential or emergency. Even transacting that way, I'm not 100% sure it was safe, and the dealer thought I was flat out nuts. I'm not arguing that fact--he's not the first to think it--but I wouldn't do that again until the order is lifted. Trying times.

·
Registered
616 Posts
They are indeed. Usually something I'm interested in pops up when I'm gone for work and can't look at it. I suspect now several will pop up with the same result. Won't be able to go look at them. I suspect there may be some good bargains in the coming weeks and months ahead.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
im in the middle of a trade of my chevy 55 210 for a 30 ford coupe 5 window but i can tell you pics dont do enough. we both decided to wait for this craziness to end and then proceed.

·
Super Moderator
3,415 Posts
Smart. I regret going last week, and wouldn't this week. So far without symptoms, but that won't mean much for some time later to be sure.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Well, I`ve had enough of it all. But it is trying times. I`m not afraid of catching the virus, and I certainly don`t want to infect anyone. My main fear is what the shutdown is doing to small business`s and family`s that don`t have enough $$ saved for something like this. The local dealerships in this area are still doing walk up`s but not much is happening.

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
I know how you guys feel. We've been needing a new car to replace our 2003 Trailblazer. They are advertising trucks and cars with many thousands off here in Georgia and some with local 2% interest. It's tempting but with me being 72, I just can't chance it. If they'll keep the same offers since they are now losing sales, we may just have to move on it after the virus is gone. But for me, the virus would have to be really gone!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
While working today I was at several dealerships. Three of them were appointment only as of today. One of them had laid off a few full time employees. Two of the others were staggering some of the staff. Hopefully this stuff will be over soon. It`s not has bad here as it is in some of the more populous areas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts