Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to these motors. I'm not sure what rout to go. For simplicity and cost. Dbw or bdc. I got a 2004 lq4 with l92 heads and ls3 intake. I have the stock computer that came with motor that was dbw. But I don't have the gas pedal.
I'm about to order my new stand alone harness. I was thinking that dbc would be easier to do. What do you guys think.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should the computer have a deciding factor in choosing a dbw or cable throttle body.
Or do I need to do anything special to the motor. To switch from wire to cable.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Should the computer have a deciding factor in choosing a dbw or cable throttle body.
Or do I need to do anything special to the motor. To switch from wire to cable.
No, you can reflash the computer to work with either DBW or DBC. If you are going to order a harness, talk to the harness maker, they can usually sell you a pedal to match your PCM if using DBW. If not, they will delete anything in the harness you don't need to run DBC. They can probably reflash your computer too....

T,

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so would it just be better to stay with dbw since my computer and motor came with dbw and just get a pedal?
and can i use the tac and map sensor off my lq4 truck intake and put it on my ls3 intake?

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
so would it just be better to stay with dbw since my computer and motor came with dbw and just get a pedal?
and can i use the tac and map sensor off my lq4 truck intake and put it on my ls3 intake?
Yes, stay with what you have if you already have the computer. Again, call the harness manufacturer. They can usually sell you what you need instead of trying to mix and match parts. In addition, they test it so you know it works, and they offer a warranty.....that is going to be the easiest most cost efficient way to get the components you need...

If not, you are trusting that someone you don't know will sell you the correct parts. As you have stated you are new to these motors, so go to a pro that's in the business.....

T,

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just want to make sure. i found a member whos selling the pedal tac and the harness out of a 2004 silverado. would that fit my computer? he said that his stuff came off a blue green computer just like mine.
I just want to make sure. Before I pay for anything.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I like a cable but with an automatic it's probably a wash. I find with DBW and a manual when you lift to shift the engine doesn't always drop in RPM the way I am used to.
Why do you say RPMs dont drop? I'm using T56 and DBW.. bought all electronics from PSI.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Good question... I know I bought the PCM, harness, maf, pedal, and tune. PSI never mentioned that I needed a tcm?

·
Registered
670 Posts
im using dbw and love it. Cruise works great. I used it with the 4l60e and after i blew that im running a TH400 and all still works perfect.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im back to square one. the psi told me that they didnt make a 4 bold dbw tb in 2004. so the pedal i was going to get wasnt going to work for me. so what im going to do is just go to psi and get everything i need. and go dbc. i hate trying to mix and match stuff. that i have no clue at what im looking at.
does anyone have any experience with the edelbrock or bbk tb's? or do you know of any good dbc tb's
and how do i find out what size i need?

·
Registered
711 Posts
im back to square one. the psi told me that they didnt make a 4 bold dbw tb in 2004. so the pedal i was going to get wasnt going to work for me. so what im going to do is just go to psi and get everything i need. and go dbc. i hate trying to mix and match stuff. that i have no clue at what im looking at.
does anyone have any experience with the edelbrock or bbk tb's? or do you know of any good dbc tb's
and how do i find out what size i need?
There are conversion plates you can get that convert from a 3 bolt to 4 bolt TB. If you are changing from the truck BDW. Almost all the pedals and TAC modules are the same from 03 to around 08 I believe. I would go to you local salvage yard and find one. The pedals and tac modules just need to have the same plug configuration and come from a truck or SUV that's the engine and harness you have.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There are conversion plates you can get that convert from a 3 bolt to 4 bolt TB. If you are changing from the truck BDW. Almost all the pedals and TAC modules are the same from 03 to around 08 I believe. I would go to you local salvage yard and find one. The pedals and tac modules just need to have the same plug configuration and come from a truck or SUV that's the engine and harness you have.
That's what I thought as well. But the gentleman from psi told me that the pedal had to work with the dbw tb. he also told me that their wasn't a aftermarket dbw 4 bolt tb.
Unless I miss understood him.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts