Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
That's a clean ol' Blazer! I've had 2 cars stolen from me in the past. It sucks. You feel violated ... even when you get it back!

I'll forward the photo and spread the word to my cousins in Long Beach and Cerritos.,.,They're always out on the streets!

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
i'm guessing it had a factory tilt column,right? they are particularly vulnerable for theft and VERY easily defeated.any 12 year old could be taught to steal one in under a minute.unfotunately this column was in everything from blazers,camaros,full size pickups,caddy's in this era..even jeep cherokees and yj's parts interchanged.:mad:
we've fixed hundreds over the years at the bodyshop.the manufacturers never worked too hard to improve the situation,because every time a car or truck was stolen,they sold more parts:yes::mad:
hopefully it turns up soon with minimal damage.it looks super clean.
leftcoast carl.

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
wow that really sucks sorry to hear, i bet ur pissed off :mad:...u should post it on clist that will help a lot! never know someone will search it and see ur post and give u a ring..good luck i hope you get it back in one piece

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Why am I not surprised that she has the s-10 based blazer? Sorry to hear for your loss.

I drove my 71 Nova (before it ended up on its roof) every day to CSULB for 3 years, and that thing got attention. Noisy and somewhat nice looking. I drove my 67 ChevyII for 3 years as well. Never had a problem. Guess I was a lucky one. Was she in one of the parking structures or the lot? Either way it's lame that people do that sort of thing.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Mark, I know it won't be coming to Temecula but I will be looking for it. That is really got to be a bummer for your daughter.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
no offense but who steals a s10 blazer?

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
That's a clean ol' Blazer! I've had 2 cars stolen from me in the past. It sucks. You feel violated ... even when you get it back!

I'll forward the photo and spread the word to my cousins in Long Beach and Cerritos.,.,They're always out on the streets!
I live in the Long Beach area too:yes:

i'm guessing it had a factory tilt column,right? they are particularly vulnerable for theft and VERY easily defeated.any 12 year old could be taught to steal one in under a minute.unfotunately this column was in everything from blazers,camaros,full size pickups,caddy's in this era..even jeep cherokees and yj's parts interchanged.:mad:
we've fixed hundreds over the years at the bodyshop.the manufacturers never worked too hard to improve the situation,because every time a car or truck was stolen,they sold more parts:yes::mad:
hopefully it turns up soon with minimal damage.it looks super clean.
leftcoast carl.
Yes I know about how EZ they are to steal:eek:

That sucks mark! looks like she will be driving the wagon to school :yes::D:devil:
NEVER
no offense but who steals a s10 blazer?
PARTS:yes:

Thanks every one for helping:D

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Good news

They found my daughters car in Compton:eek: on Thursday. They broke the column and pushed that little rod down and off the Thieving *******s went:mad: So I'm off to Sears on Sunday to use "The Official SoCal Nova's Fleet Discount" #5626305959 To buy 4 tires and a battery:mad:
Anybody know how to fix the column ??

·
Registered
488 Posts
That's good. At least she got it back. Anymore damage than the column?
Where in Long Beach or Lakewood? I'm off the 91 and Downey Rd.

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
That's good. At least she got it back. Anymore damage than the column?
Where in Long Beach or Lakewood? I'm off the 91 and Downey Rd.
ME TOO!! Lakewood blvd. and Hedda look for the Pirate Flag and my S-10 P/U that's me:yes: If the gates open stop on by and say "HI" :yes:
This is where its funny....It's a 1989 blazer with 89 rallies. Well they put the same wheels back on it but with some "May Pops" back on it:yes::eek: and a junk battery and parked it in a parking lot. It was only gone for a week.

·
14,584 Posts
IMO you are probably better off getting another column from a wrecking yard and getting it rekeyed. I'm glad you got it back though with no more missing or damaged than that.

·
Registered
488 Posts
ME TOO!! Lakewood blvd. and Hedda look for the Pirate Flag and my S-10 P/U that's me:yes: If the gates open stop on by and say "HI" :yes:
This is where its funny....It's a 1989 blazer with 89 rallies. Well they put the same wheels back on it but with some "May Pops" back on it:yes::eek: and a junk battery and parked it in a parking lot. It was only gone for a week.
wow! your basically across the street from me. Well, if you ever need an extra set of hands, just let me know.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
IMO you are probably better off getting another column from a wrecking yard and getting it rekeyed. I'm glad you got it back though with no more missing or damaged than that.
Thats what I'm thinkin too. Just get another one and be done with it. That one is destroyed.....:mad:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts