Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put a couple 3.5 or 4 inch dash speakers to replace the 4x10 and how did they fit I’m thinking doing this with my 67 Canso thx

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,637 Posts
I can't remember where I got mine from but it fit in with no issues whatsoever. Can't say that the sound out of them is that great. She needs a lot more speakers than those two to get the volume I like.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx so did you put two 3.5 inch? Or a couple 4 inch? I’m running 6x9 in the back with 10 inch sub and amp and like to put a pair of 4 inch under my dash where the 4x10 was my cars not here it’s about 1,700 miles away I have to get my friend to check for me

·
Super Moderator
6,637 Posts
It was an all-in-one unit that had the 2 speakers mounted on a plastic base that was a direct bolt-in for the old speaker. I believe they are Fisher speakers, have no idea on the size. Unfortunately, Lucille is 6 hours away from where I'm currently living/working, so I cannot check.

I'm going to dig through my photos and see if I can find some of it, I'm sure I took them. I may even have a thread somewhere too.

·
Super Moderator
6,637 Posts
It was from chevy2only (GMclassics now) but they don't sell them any more. Still hunting for pics. They were on my Photobucket which I can no longer access.

·
Super Moderator
6,637 Posts
did the speakers look like this?
Could be. It was a long time ago and now that I think about it, they may have been Kenwood speakers, not Fisher.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good info thx guys I’m
Thinking about buying two alpine 3.5 inch make a mounting board and put under my dash

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I used a 4x10 dual voice coil from Retrosound, I think it can make more bass than any 3.5 or 4 inch speaker. There are models to suit most cars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts