Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1973 Custom hatchback
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shopping for a Dash for my 1973 Non A/C Nova.

Mostly looking at SS396 and Classic industries.

I am not building a show car, but don't want to waste money on a product tat doesn't fit or hold up.

I am leaning towards the classic industries PN 8748945 or the PN 8748945W
the W means it wraped.

or the SS396
SS396 ITW-X6910

Id appreciate any recommendations and experiences you would share.
quality, fit, install issues etc.
Thanks
Also I want it black, they come black, would I still want to prep and paint?

·
Registered
1973 Custom hatchback
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure man, I have no input from the peanut gallery here so I think Ill go with SS396,

I was going to opt for the expensive vinyl wrapped one from Classic IND. but its on backorder

Not sure when Ill pull the trigger but Ill update, with before and after pics etc.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi. I just purchased a dash pad for my 71 Nova from LUTTY'S Chev Warehouse. I believe they are the same from 69 to 74 Novas but I'm a newbie so ...Their catalogue says 69 to 74 W/O air. They are $260 in black so they re did mine in dark blue for additional $$. I have the black one that I believe is an original one from another nova and in mint condition. The fasteners on the end are non existant on my new one. See pics. Good luck and hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
725 Posts
Hi. I just purchased a dash pad for my 71 Nova from LUTTY'S Chev Warehouse. I believe they are the same from 69 to 74 Novas but I'm a newbie so ...Their catalogue says 69 to 74 W/O air. They are $260 in black so they re did mine in dark blue for additional $$. I have the black one that I believe is an original one from another nova and in mint condition. The fasteners on the end are non existant on my new one. See pics. Good luck and hope this helps.
Thanks for the pics, have you installed yet?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dash Pad

No I have not installed yet. Late spring before I tackle the interior. Still welding in new floor pans. Thinking the edges with no fasteners or holes will be a problem.

·
Registered
137 Posts
dash pad

I bought the classic industries black pad and it went in great. this was the first time I had replaced a dash. once I took the seat out it went in with just a little work and no cussing.

·
Registered
1973 Custom hatchback
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I bought the classic industries black pad and it went in great. this was the first time I had replaced a dash. once I took the seat out it went in with just a little work and no cussing.
Thanks man...I'm leaning towards that one as well. the High end one at classic has ben out of stock for awhile....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I took mine that was all cracked to my interior guy and he did a great job. Not exactly sure of his process but it looks better than new and wrapped with vinyl only 2 small stitched seams on each end. I really like that I was able to keep the original base since it’s much stronger than the floppy after market ones I ordered, plus no painting.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you still have the Black Dash Pad in mint condition?? If yes do want to sell it and how much? Thanks .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts