Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we ordered this bezel and gauge set for the 62. it was advertised as 63-65 nova, but we have seen other dash stuff advertised as 62-65 nova, so itw as asssumed all 62-65 nova dashes are the same. what fits on a 63 would fit on a 62 correct? well we open the box up, and the metal piece that guages sit in is just flat, it isnt shaped to fit the angled dash. whats going on here??? its not supppose to fit over the stock one either, we tried that. what is there to do???

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
we ordered this bezel and gauge set for the 62. it was advertised as 63-65 nova, but we have seen other dash stuff advertised as 62-65 nova, so itw as asssumed all 62-65 nova dashes are the same. what fits on a 63 would fit on a 62 correct? well we open the box up, and the metal piece that guages sit in is just flat, it isnt shaped to fit the angled dash. whats going on here??? its not supppose to fit over the stock one either, we tried that. what is there to do???

LOL, I bought the exact same piece about two months ago and just now tried to install it. I feel your pain.

First of all, it doesn't mount directly to the dash, it has to go with the stock chromed plastic bezel (the large oval shaped piece, which you should already have). All the inserts work like this. The problem is, it has no mounting tabs at all, so there's no way to actually secure the thing to the dash. I sent an email to the ebay seller, oldnewparts, but have no response yet. The insert itself is nice, as are the gauges, but someone dropped the ball on the installation brackets. I am trying to fab some out of some L-plates from the hardware store.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts