Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks really good.

Does anyone have any idea if there is a company out there that reproduces those pieces? I've been looking everywhere and can't even find a decent used one. I'm looking for one for my 72 with a/c. Anybody have a used one that they want to sell? Mine is cracked in two places.

·
Registered
548 Posts
nice job. I think it looks good as is. Put the dash in place in the car then look at it. If you are not happy go for the brushed aluminum.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought the kit from a craft store of all places. It comes with an adhesvise pen and 6 sheets of silver leaf (very thin silver foil) which you rub on after the adhesive sets 5 to 10 minutes, then use a soft brush to remove the excess. It was rather easy, the adhesive pen has two tips round and chisel. The name of the product is Mona Lisa Adhesive Pen from Houston Art Inc. Before this I painted the dash with Krylon Fusion for Plastic paint, I have done this before with silver model paint and have never been happy with the results. The only thing I don't like is the paint is too glossy. www.houstonart.com

Thanks
Pat

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Osborns,

How bad are the cracks? If there are no pieces mssing I would glue or plastic weld them back together, sand with very fine sandpaper and add some filler if you have to then paint it and silver leaf the raised sections. Might cost $25.00 and some time. The only repo part I have ever seen was for aftermarker gauges, which does look like a nice piece. Maybe someone who has one can tell you if it can be modifeid to fit the original factory gauges. I do have another one with a small chip missing around the sterring wheel. if you are interested let me know I could try to repair it, repaint it and do the silver leaf.

Thanks
Pat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts