Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will earlier year dash panels fit the 79 nova? Through research I see 77-79 changed the dash, however I just need to know if a panel will properly fit the space from say a 76 nova to my 79. Wiring is not an issue as my car is getting completely re-wired with Holley efi and I want to put an aftermarket panel to mount the computer screen in the dash. They make dash panels with Holley screen mounting already in the earlier year aftermarket dashes but I have not found it specifically for 77-79. I can do slight modification to the dash or even create bracketry if needed for mounting, just wondering will it fit or is it a different shape altogether? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man that looks great. They make the dash panel for 76 nova to hold the Holley EFI monitor, I think it requires a 76 nova dash pad as well. I just need conformation. I definately like what you did as well.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have read that somewhere also but cant remember where. I have a 75 cluster laying around but no way to see if it fits, mines all together.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
There's fairly significant differences between the dash pad/gauge cluster on the 75-76 and 77-79 Novas. I'm guessing they wouldn't fit, just eye balling it. The vents are in different places and the attachment points look different between my dad's '75 and my '78. I'm guessing you'd have a ton of fab work to try and fit the square peg in the round hole.

Kev

1 - 6 of 6 Posts