Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new dash pad a while ago since mine was all faded and I had drilled 2 holes for my tach back in the 70's. I was just cleaning my parts room up and was looking at the dash pad when I noticed it said made in Canada. Now this is a 66. I didn't know we had car parts made in Canada for Chevrolet back then. I'm thinking maybe I'll see if someone could recover with the correct material and use it. Other than grimy and faded the frame is perfect. Any one know where I could get the original Bright Blue material?

·
13,722 Posts
Chevy IIs were made in both the United States and Canada until the end of the 1967 model year. Various parts were made in Canada to be used in both countries and similarly parts were made in the U.S. for both. Flip your glass windshield washer bottle over and you may find 'Made in Canada' on the bottom. A L79 owner contacted me when he removed the original heads from his U.S. built car and was shocked to find 'Made in Canada' on them. There was free flow of parts back and forth across the border to be used in building cars in both countries.

It does appear that some parts were built for use solely in the country of manufacture. As examples, Canadian manufacturers were used for seat belts, glass, some drivetrain parts and some trim, but these items were only used north of the border. It's too bad those gorgeous '66 Canadian chromed metal tail light bezels weren't also used on U.S. cars:).

Today, there is still a flow of parts back and forth between Canada and U.S. All the Dodge Challengers are built in Canada, using parts made in The U.S. Canada, and numerous other countries. I have a son-in-law building aircraft parts at a large company here in B.C. for the U.S. F35 Lightning fighter jet, so it isn't limited to the automotive sector. The U.S. and Canada...may we always be best buddies!

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts