Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to installing my new dash pad that I bought from Classic Industries, and the fitment was horrible! The pass. side bulged out (seems like it was too thick), the top lip seemed uneven, and it didn't fit well around the gauge bezel at all. Needless to say, I was upset.

Which dash pad are some of you running that had no fitment issues? This is the only thing holding up my dash install. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
We've heard, it seems to be a hit and miss issue with the after market dash pads. An original used one is your best bet for fitment.

·
Registered
134 Posts
its funny you say that because i just got done fitting my dash pad back in my car, it is an aftermarket from classic industries, it fit great, but it does have a minor lip on the passenger side, but i love it looks great

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, that seems to be the consensus with CI, it's a hit or miss. I might just look into using my old frame and have the dash refurbished. Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Hmm, that seems to be the consensus with CI, it's a hit or miss. I might just look into using my old frame and have the dash refurbished. Thanks for the info!
Will they exchange it for another, to try?

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I checked into a rebuild. The cost was 600- 800 dollars
Good used ones can be bought for $100-300, I've bought a couple real good ones for around $100.:yes:

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Which dash pad are some of you running that had no fitment issues? This is the only thing holding up my dash install. Thanks.[/QUOTE said:
I bought my 68 Chevy II dash pad from "Chevy II Only."

I bought from them as they offered the pad in color, not just black.

It really looks/fits good. I think they are hand made, to order, in southern CA.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Dash Pad issues

I got one from CI last year and it was the OER brand and they took it back after 6 months without any issue, I had to pay shipping. I pickup my original dash next week I had it repaired/reskined locally so I can't wait. 350.00 plus taxes so I hope it is nice.

I will post before and after pics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts